OSSWA question / problem

From: C r a i g e r s <dotacion.nospam_at_ireland.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 14:23:23 -0700

BACKGROUND
registering an application package in a custom self service application. There is one nearly identical in form and function to it, and am using this one for comparison.

The requisite object, object attributes, and have been created in the setup, as well as the view and the plsql package compiled.

In the web form setup for FUNCTION we have entered the plsql PACKAGE name and PROCEDURE call and that (ap_form_pkg.search_main) is entered under 'HTML Call,' no parms.

Trying to see why one works, and the other does not. The FUNCTION is nearly identical, utilising a nearly identical package.

PR0BLEM
With that function responsibility assigned to myself and go to test it out, when I click on the link provided on the Main Menu, I get booted out of the web form completely and am prompted to login in again!

My hunch is that some step concerning the package used in the *HTML Call* is missed is but I have found nothing so far in the support docs to support this is so.

Any ideas? Trying to describe a complex problem in a simple way, I may have left something pertinent out, so if any clarification is needed, please don't hesitate to post it!

--
C   r   a   i   g   e   r   s

Oracle Environment 7.3.4 NCA
Solaris
Designer Reports 2.5 Forms 4.5

A tech once calmed a man who was enraged because "his computer had told him
he was bad and an invalid." The tech patiently explained that the computer's
"bad command" and "invalid" responses shouldn't be taken personally.