Re: # of Rows updated?

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwin_at_dondorp.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 20:44:23 +0200

jgotthelf_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Any suggestions on how I can either:
> 1. Find out how many rows were affected by the UPDATE statement, or
Using Pro*C this can be done by reading "sqlca.sqlerrd[2]" But that's not too useful for you.

> 2. More generally - find out if I ran into a dirty read situation.?
You can avoid dirty reads by locking the records you read. Use "SELECT ... FOR UPDATE OF ...".
This locks the selected rows of the table, even when you did not change them. You can then safely process these rows.

Erwin Received on Fri Sep 01 2000 - 13:44:23 CDT