OT: Re: SQL Outer Join Problem (test, off-topic)

From: Marc Billiet <someone.overthere_at_living>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2000 06:03:44 GMT

Hm, it seems that my newsreader is still sending my e-mail address as th e
author instead of my name.
In alt.test it works however.
Sorry, just a test in this newsgroup (must be a bug in the software).

Marc

Op 2000-09-01, 7:39:22, schreef <no.email_at_no.spam> over het thema Re: SQ L
Outer Join Problem:

> You can try this:

> SELECT *
> FROM etable e,
> (SELECT *
> FROM otable, utable
> WHERE otable.uid = utable.id) o
> WHERE e.oid = o.id(+)

> If you have columns in utable with the same name as in otable, you sho
 uld
> alias the column names in the inner select.

> Marc

 this
 is
> > easy:

> > SELECT * FROM etable, otable WHERE etable.oid = otable.id (+) AN
D ...

> > However, in the case where etable.oid is not NULL I would like to do
 join
> > between otable and utable. Note that the following doesn't work (or
 make
> > sense really).

> > SELECT * FROM etable, otable, utable WHERE etable.oid = otable.i
 d (+)
 AND