Re: DB takes forever to load

From: wegorz <wegorz_at_winuel.com.pl>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 10:05:55 +0200

Check status of temporary tablespace. If it is 'permanent', change it to 'temporary', but I strongly recommend to set extents in this tablespace realy big - for example 1M or even more.

During starting up Oracle is doing some strange things on temporary tablespaces (coalescing and so on), so if there is many extents, it takes forever to finish it. Once on Compaq DS20 I had to wait 6 (six!) hours to finish opening process.

--
Andrew Rajczakowski
DBA, Winuel SA, Poland