Re: Need Some Capacity planing Resources, Please

From: Nevin Hahn <nhahn_at_evoke.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 21:44:15 GMT

Hi Reza,

Specific to Oracle I believe you would find a good system design resource to be the OFA or Optimal Felixible Architecture standards in the Oracle Whitepapers/
documentation available at http://technet.oracle.com This describes the a fairly optimal configuration for disk file layouts, etc. for the highest
level of performance. This does not however, describe exact placement of tables, etc.
since within applications specific tables may require simultaneous access which, for optimal
performance one would want to have separated across controllers and physical disk, and
the same for their related indexes. But I am sure you can get some value from this information.