Re: Is Oracle deliberately difficult?

From: Jason Kratz <jkratz_at_rctanalytics.debug.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 09:47:29 -0500

The two GUI tools I've used (DBArtisan and OEM DBAStudio) both essentially are just an interface to scripts. Obviously there are some things you can't do with them but I always find it amusing that people who are so used to the command line are so anti-GUI. The best bet is to use each where it is appropriate. Example: there is no good substitution for the datafile display in DBA Studio. I can see at a glance where I am having space issues. This speed simply isnt possible with a script and text output.

In general I've found that OEM works very well for the few things I use it for.

Jason