Linux Cluster & Oracle8i

From: Filippo Adessi <adessi_at_dnm.it>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 15:27:54 +0200

I've installed Linux RedHat 6.2 on two HP vectra. My clustering software is heartbeat and i mount a disk via NFS from an other server to simulate a disk array.
I install Oracle8iR2 (8.1.6.0.0) on both machines and i start a creation of a database by dbassist on a machine.
I give all path of redolog, controlfiles, and tablespace files to disk mounted via nfs.

I start instance and all is OK.

Then I go to the other machine and, after mounting disk via NFS, create a simbolik link to init(istance).ora file. Start svrmgrl and ...

SVRMGR> connect internal
Connected.
SVRMGR> startup
ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         76099568 bytes
Fixed Size                                          69616 bytes
Variable Size                                    59080704 bytes
Database Buffers                                 16777216 bytes
Redo Buffers                                       172032 bytes
ORA-00205: error in identifying controlfile, check alert log for more info SVRMGR> This is my problem.

How can i say to the other machine to use the same control files.

Thanks

Filippo Adessi
Milano Received on Wed Aug 30 2000 - 08:27:54 CDT