Re: Oracle performance on Unix and Nt

From: Jerry Gitomer <jgitomer_at_erols.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 04:06:33 GMT

        Go to www.dulcian.com and look at the slide presentation on NT vs. Linu x
vs. SCO. If you don't feel like clicking through the answer is that Linux was the fastest in the majority of cases and was the least expensive solution.

        Be careful when comparing Oracle performance on different configuration s
since things like available RAM and balanced disk I/O loading are much more important than CPU performance.

On 8/30/00, 4:24:53 PM, "sh476622" <sh476622_at_12move.nl> wrote regarding