free space

From: Aaron D. Hager <adhager_at_onebox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 14:02:29 -0700

I have run out of space on my AIX system. I have dropped many tables, but the size of my data files remains the same. Is there any way to make the data files smaller? If I create new tables will it make my data files larger or will it reuse the area freed when I dropped the tables? Also what are the relatively large *.dbf files in \ora01\oradata\<SID>\ ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 16:02:29 CDT