Re: Oracle 8i and Windows 2000

From: <nidhi_naith_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 08:19:48 GMT

hi,
Oracle's LDAP version 3-compliant directory server, Oracle Internet Directory, is fully integrated with Oracle8i and supports "off-the-shelf" enterprise user management. Other LDAP directories, like Microsoft's Active Directory for Windows 2000 will be certified to operate with Release 8.1.6

i am providing you a link which gives you a detailed description about the new features of Oracle 8i Release 2 (8.1.6)

http://oradoc.photo.net/ora816/server.816/a76962/816.htm#47132

visit the following link for more inforamtion about Oracle Installation issues on Windows:

http://www.oracle.com/support/oracleinstall/dbserver/oracle8i.html

http://technet.oracle.com/tech/nt/rdbms/rdbmswin.htm

courtesy(www.qsupport.com)

In article <_Lgq5.3026$K4.111844_at_newsread1.prod.itd.earthlink.net>,   "Ron" <ron561_at_no.spam.earthlink.net> wrote:
> We are considering using a high performance Pentium-3 based machine
 for the
> server for our payroll system. The server will be running Windows
 2000
> Server for its operating system.
>
> Does anyone know of any compatibility issues between Oracle 8i and
 Windows
> 2000 that I should be aware of before we head down this path?
>
> R561

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 29 2000 - 03:19:48 CDT