Re: Table Refresh Slow Reports?

From: Frank van Bortel <f.van.bortel_at_vnl.nl>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 13:07:34 +0200

What happens between the time you drop and recreate the table and the time your analyst comes in?
What does your analyst do before he runs the report?

BTW, why not truncate the table (works faster - no recreate needed) and disable the index?

And you do analyse table *and* index *after* the inserts, do you?

--
Kind Regards,
Frank