DB takes forever to load

From: Andre Jagusch <andre_at_jagusch.fsnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:52:40 +0200

When I start my nt4 box with oracle 8i on it, it takes about 5 minutes after I log into the system until the instance is up and running. In the task mgr the computer doesn't appear to be doing anything in this time. OAS does not work att all. Well I can start it but no Applikation works ( not even the samples from the docs ). I didn't have any of these problems when I was runnig 8i and OAS on win2000, only small ones ( which made me think I should be using Nt4 as stated in the release notes)

I would appreciate any help

Andre

andre_at_jagusch.fsnet.co.uk Received on Mon Aug 28 2000 - 13:52:40 CDT