Re: Listener won't start at startup

From: Erwin Dondorp <erwin_at_dondorp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 01:14:52 +0200

Steve,

  1. "su -" resets all environment variables, and therefore unsets the ORACLE_HOME variable. You need just "su oracle -c ..." This also prevents the ".profile" from the UNIX user 'oracle' to be run, so other side effects might then occur. To test, use "env" or "export" (both without arguments) as the command after "su -c", to see the environment variable that remain.
  2. You don't need the & at the end of the line since the "lsnrctl" command is not the actual listener, but only the command that starts the listenet. Once the listener is started, "lsnrctl" itself exits.

        Erwin