Re: Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) on Sun Cluster

From: <cgrandy_at_disc.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 17:09:15 GMT

Samuel,

If your looking at OPS for performance, an alternative solution is advanced indexing technology from DISC. The OMNIDEX database search engine delivers lightning fast queries for OLTP and OLAP applications. For more information, see http://www.disc.com/home or contact me.

Cheryl Grandy
cgrandy_at_disc.com
303 444-4000

In article <3989dc09_at_trc-tpanews01.trcinc.com>,   "Samuel P Howard" <sam.howard_at_trcinc.com> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> We have a development group that is interested in having us setup a
 Sun
> Cluster, putting Oracle Parallel Server (OPS) on it, and allowing them
 to do
> some app develeopment against it. Any suggestions or limitations that
> anyone would care to share?
>
> Obvously, the unix platform is Sun. Currently, we are trying to
 decide
> between E450's (pci - SCI not supported) and E3500's (sbus - SCI
 supported).

> They are also thinking about making it a 3-node cluster, with only 1-2
 nodes
> running OPS, and any/all of the nodes running parts of the Application
 (no
> idea what the App is supposed to do yet). Any comments about mixing
 the
> Application on the same nodes as the OPS instances?
>
> What other alternatives are there to OPS? How does Veritas Cluster
 Server

--
Cheryl Grandy
DISC