Listener won't start at startup

From: Steve . <syarbrou_at_nospam.enteract.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 20:56:21 -0500

I added

su - oracle -c $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start &

to my Solaris dbora startup script. The database will start, but the listener fails. Not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that even though the database startup call is first, the shell script doesn't wait till it returns to execute the next command. I get the following:

LSNRCTL for Solaris: Version 8.1.6.0.0 - Production on 27-AUG-2000 20:55:02

(c) Copyright 1998, 1999, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Message 850 not found; No message file for product=network, facility=NL

I've added the following variables into the shell script, including what I would gather would be the problem, ORA_NLS33, to make sure, but nothing helps.

ORACLE_BASE=/dsk2/oracle/u01/app/oracle
ORACLE_DOC=/dsk2/oracle/u01/app/oracle/doc
ORACLE_HOME=/dsk2/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6
ORACLE_SID=test
ORACLE_TERM=vt100

ORA_NLS33=/dsk2/oracle/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.6/ocommon/nls/admin/data

The above command works fine if you type it in manually once logged in.

Thanks.

Steve

Newsgroup repllies preferred. Remove nospam when replying thru email Received on Sun Aug 27 2000 - 20:56:21 CDT