Re: What do ORA-01400 and ORA-06152 mean?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 18:39:14 +1100

<xiaohuiz_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8o9o0c$qe6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> My database is Oracle 8.1.5, my appication is Siebel. When i insert a
> record in Siebel, it prompts "ORA-01400:cannot insert NULL into
> ("SIEBEL"."S_ORG_EXT"."INTEGRATION_ID") ORA-06152:at line 6". But my
> record doesn't include NULL, i don't know why i can't insert a record
> into table siebel.s_org_ext.
> I appreciate your help. Also where can i find the error code and
> explanation of error code? i can't find on Oracle web site.
> Thanks.

If you are a 'normal' sort of Unix, you can 'oerr ora 1400' at the command line, and see what it tells you. Sometimes, the messages there are brilliant. Other times, they are slightly worse than useless for tracking down the real problem!

On NT, no such joy that I've discovered. But the HTML documentation has a search engine, and you can enter your error number there and it will usually find the relevant one. Occassionally, there are mysterious gaps in the documentation (there's a whole bunch of 12000-ish error messages missing from the documentation, for example). But try it and see -most of them are there.

Regards
HJR