oracle database 8iR2 instalation problem

From: Michal Jankowski <michal_at_anaconda.sycomex.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 18:41:50 GMT

Hi all. I'm new (this group and using oracle). I spend two days trying install oracle database .... and nothing :(

I tried to install oracle data base version 8.1.6.1. system : Linux mandrake 7.1
kernel : 2.2.15 (i586)

I set enviroment, create users and groups, etc ... When I run installer ( ./runInstaller ) from command line (no errors or warnings)
On my window manager I sow first window of installer. Everythings fine, but I cannot click buttons in bootom line of the window!
Buttons : 'exit', 'help', 'installed products...', 'previous' (grayed), and 'next' don't work (no action)!
I can only click buttons : 'Deinstall Products...' and 'About Oracle Univwersal Installer...'.
I cannot install the product, because I cannot go to the second screen of installer.

I have searched patches on www.oracle.com - not found. I have installed new jdk, tried to change jre ... nothing helped!

Please help!
with best regards Michal Jankowski Received on Sat Aug 26 2000 - 13:41:50 CDT