Table updates during hot backups

From: Neil Cudd <neil_at_cudd.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:25:09 +0100

Would I be right in saying that all changes made to a table in a specific tablespace, whilst that tablespace is in backup mode, are held in the online redo logs and applied only when the tablespace is bought back online (End Backup) ?

If this is not the case, how are changes applied to the tablespace at the End Backup ?

If you could refer me to any reference material on this subject (the Oracle Manuals are a little light on this subject), it would be appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Neil Cudd. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 08:25:09 CDT