Re: Can not install online help in 8i

From: Yong <yhuang_at_indigopool.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 17:00:34 -0500

I remember reading in either Release Notes or Help table installation README that beginning with 8i, only SQL*Plus help is available from SQL> prompt. You have to use online (meaning from the CD or CD content installed on your harddrive, or real online such as at Technet Web site) to get the SQL help. It doesn't bother me because I find going to technet to look for SQL help is very fast. But I also installed Oracle documentation on my client computer so that I can do a "find files containing text including files in subfolders" which you can't do at technet.

Yong Huang
yhuang_at_indigopool.com