Re: Can not install online help in 8i

From: <sadenwala_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 20:52:30 GMT

David,

Thanks for the quick response. I really appreciate it.

There are no log files generated as you expected. In fact, there are no control files in $ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/help. I can only see helpbld.sql, helpus.sql and helpdrop.sql.

I searched the installation CD that I used for installing 8i on this SUN box, and there are no control files.

Also, there are no sqlldr commands in the helpins shell. So it does not look like if any sqlload occurred at all while I ran helpins.

In my older 8.0.6 installation on another box, I DO see the *.ctl files and the helpins shell does have sqlldr commands. Based on your response, now I can see why I did not get to use SQL help (as opposed SQL*PLUS help).

I thought of bringing the *.ctl and helpins from my 8.0.6 installation over, but I will get help related to 8.0.6 version and not 8.1.6.

If you see the SQL reference manual (hard copy), the syntax notation has greatly changed. Do you think Oracle 8i may have discontined to have online SQL help?

I hope not..

thanks again.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 15:52:30 CDT