Re: 8i (8.1.6) EE on Linux - dbasst crashes

From: <petis776_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 06:56:48 GMT

This problem has been posted in this newsgroup before. I think someone solved it by removing some old JDKs; I tried that and failed. -> Back to the command line...

I also called Oracle support, they said it was a known bug, and that there is no workaround. (This was in July)

hth,

In article <8o4rs7$dl6$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   Ivan Samuelson <isamuels_at_columbus.rr.com> wrote:
> I have installed Oracle 8i EE (8.1.6) on RedHat 6.2. The initial
 install
> went fine along with the creation of the database.
>
> However, if I go back later and try to run dbasst, I get the following
> error after selecting the database instance I want to modify:
>
> SIGSEGV received at be3fe658 in
> /usr/local/oracle/app/oracle/jre/1.1.8/lib/linux/native_threads/libjav
 a.so.
> Processing terminated
> Writing stack trace to javacore3280.txt ... OK
>
> Has anyone else seen this problem? I know I don't have to resize my
> database this way, but it's definately easier and it would be nice to
> have this option to use.
>
> Otherwise, I'll fall back to the command-line option to resize my
> database.
>
> Thanks for any help in this matter.
>
> --
> Ivan Samuelson
> IT Architect II
> American Electric Power
> http://www.aep.com
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 25 2000 - 01:56:48 CDT