Re: to RAID5 or Mirror

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:35:54 +0200

raid-5 has a write performance hit because of the Crc check on all writes. You definitely shouldn't use it for control files and online redolog files, the two sets of files for which fast access is simply mandatory, as any problem there would have impact on the rest of the database. IMO: not to raid-5.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA