Re: Is it possible to dump oracle database to DDL/SQL syntax

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 07:49:48 +0200

it is possible and it is not possible

1 of course you can save (and IMO should save) all you create statements to files.
2 if it comes to duplicating or reinstalling a schema simply use exp and imp with appropiate options
3 you can simply exp without data (use the option rows=n) and imp with show=y and log=filename to create a ascii dump of all *create* commands (no, it won't create drop commands)
4 if you use a case tool like designer designer can do it. 5 you can use a tool like TOAD (freeware version at www.toadsoft.com ) to dump your statements

Oracle is not MySql, it is much more than that (AFAIK MySQL doesn't even have record locking).

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA
.