Re: Where do you get Oracle ?

From: <d_a_francis_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 23:27:53 +0100

Whoa ! Hang on - if he goes off and learns PL - do I spot a DANGEROUS situation here ??????

Don`t know about you, but as a DBA, the one thing which fills me with utter DREAD is underqualified developers getting their hands on my database. In fact, I`d say that I`d personally kill and eat family members before letting anyone near any of my DB`s (Sorry - MY Db`s - I`m a DBA, after all ;-))) ) who`s "read a book on PL/SQL"

And you don`t start with PL/SQL - you start with SQL ! Sorry.........

The answer to the original question is to get your company to send you on a SPECIFIC Oracle developers` course, which includes (in this order) SQL, PL/SQL and PL for Oracle Development. No sane DBA would let you near a live or test database otherwise........

Dave

Alun Coppack wrote in message <8o38cc$edj$1_at_bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au>...
>I downloaded Wedbd and JDeveloper from technet , through a firewall, in
>Australia at over 25k/s per connection. Downloading Jdeveloper in multiple
>parts I was able to have all of them going at 25k/s.
>
>Alun
>Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message
>> works for me
>>
>> I agree though that dl speeds are *very* inconsistent - though they seem
>> have improved in the last 3-6 weeks.
>> --
>> Niall Litchfield
>> Oracle DBA
>> Audit Commission UK
>> "Michael Harrison" <harrisonm7_at_home.com> wrote in message

 downloading
 from
 Cable),
 the