Re: Sorting results by date

From: Frank Hubeny <fhubeny_at_ntsource.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 21:01:55 -0500

One possibility is to set nls_date_format for the session and then sort on trunc(logintime).

The nls_date_format will guarantee the character display of the date that you wish, and ordering by trunc(logintime) will keep the date ordering.

For example, the following might work:

SQL> alter session set nls_date_format = 'MON-DD-YYYY'; SQL> select username, trunc(logintime), count(*)   2 from applogin
  3 group by username, trunc(logintime)   4 order by trunc(logintime);

Frank Hubeny