Re: Where do you get Oracle ?

From: <evil_mind_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 22:55:12 GMT

Even for me it was pretty fast... I got avg. download speed of 70-80 kbps...

Luv

Evil Mind

In article <yzuo5.8575$Xg.84937_at_news-server.bigpond.net.au>,   "Adrian Shepherd" <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Wrong , I have cable via bigpond and had the same rate on ISDN in the
 U.K.
> and similiar rates in Israel and Copenhagen. there have been similiar
> experiences posted in this NG. Clearly you did not d/l from Oracle's
 FTP
> server over the Internet , yet you choose to mislead the poor poster
 into
> wasting his time...
>
> Pompous ass...
>
> "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Adrian Shepherd" <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Dont count on anything greater than a couple of KB/s when
 downloading
 from
> > > Oracle. My d/l log shows a measly 0.4k/s transfer speed (over
 Cable),
 the
> > > transfer rate has been abysmal for a couple of weeks both from
 the U.K.
 ,
> > > U.S and in Australia. If you still want to try and d/l it, get
 yourself
> > > good d/l manager such as getright or gozilla. Prepare to wait.
> > >

> > Strange, it took me around an hour and a half to download Lite AND
 the
> > Enterprise Edition.
> >
> > Like I said, get a friend with a good office connection.
> >
> > Clearly, Adrian has a 56K modem on a bad day with a dodgy ISP.
> > HJR
> >

> > > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message

 be
 getting
 which
 looks

 of
 Oracle
 have

 if you
 dabble
 arrive
 (I

 who works
 for
 lot on
 that
 burner,
 and

 any
 other
 ideas

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 24 2000 - 17:55:12 CDT