Re: Oracle Training

From: JT <jtorres_at_redconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 04:05:42 -0400

You have various available choices.
1. There are several on-line courses available out there (most at a cost) the draw back on these is that it's not trully instructor lead, which could be a negative if you don't have solid DP experience (to fill in the gaps). 2. There is the go out and empty the bookstore theory. Similar drawback as the above.
3. The other option is a Technical Training School. There should be some in your area. Most of the them are no more than 5-6 months. But care should be used when using this option. A lot of them are geared to Certification training only. Which is great if you are only interested in passing the certification exams, but not great if you want real life experience. 4. The two schools you mentioned seem to be a well rounded program which is key if you are breaking into the IT field.

A good estimate also is the the requirements by employers in your area.