Question about DBVerify utility

From: Chuan Zhang <chuan_at_asiaonline.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2000 13:59:56 +1000

Hi,

  I am confused to what kind of datafile status DBV should be applied.

According to Oracle documentation, dbv is runnig against offline database. To my knowledge, all the datafile should be taken offline when you apply dbv. But It also says "dbv can be used against backup files and online files (or pieces of files).".

I have run dbv against online datafiles. it works. however, I just doubt its validation.

Could anyone clarify this for me? Many thanks in advance,

Chuan Received on Wed Aug 23 2000 - 22:59:56 CDT