Re: Install SNMP agent on NT4+sp5 Compaq Proliant server

From: CHC <qi.xiang.chi_at_icu.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:59:41 +0200

SAJVP, Lucky you. I even can't install it. At installation I immediatly get the error message.
It's really weird error, I reported to Oracle, but I don't think then can find the cause for it.

Rgrds, Chi

<sajvp_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8nvmq8$edg$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com...
> In article <8noede$4b9$1_at_beast.euro.net>,
> "CHC" <qi.xiang.chi_at_icu.nl> wrote:
> > Hello folks,
> >
> > When I try to install SNMP agent on Oracle
 Enterprise Edition, the following
> > error message appears:
> >
> > SNMP80.VRF (119): SERVICE DOES NOT EXIST WHILE
 GETTING SERVICE STATUS SNMP

> > Installing the same software (and options) on a
 IBM machine went OK.

> > The hardware is Proliant 6000 with RAID-5
 configuration. The OS is NT4 with
> > sp5, no Compaq software is installed.
> >
> > Does anyone have experience the same on Compaq
 server ??