Re: NT - Installing Multiple Instances - 8.0.5

From: Frank <frankbo_at_interaccess.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 11:47:04 +0200

I think the problem may be registry related. creating a default database during installation will set oracle_sid in the registry. better remove it to force setting oracle_sid on the command prompt explicitely. at least, that's what I make of your "pointing to another".

no problem in having multiple instances on one NT box. oracle_home has nothing to do with is - you decide where to put the database (but nt doesn't know symbolic links so yout init<SID>.ora file always resides in %ORACLE_HOME%/database

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> <azraiderfan_at_my-deja.com> wrote in message
> > Currently our company is having great success using Oracle 8.0.5 on NT.
> > We're managing some 40 Gig of data across 5 instances.
> >
> > The only issue is that in managing those 5 instances, we have 5 NT servers
 do
> > to Oracle's inability to support multiple instances on a single server.
 I've
> > tried contacting their support without successful implementation, and even
> > have been able to create multiple SIDs on a given box - - but the box only
> > recognizes the common ORACLE_HOME entries and points to one vs.
 another.....