Reading an Access .mdb from Oracle

From: Ed Stevens <Ed.Stevens_at_nmm.nissan-usa.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 20:40:46 GMT

One of our developer's just presented me with an interesting question. An end user has loaded a bunch of data into an Access table, and now we need to update one of our Oracle tables with that info. The developer wants to know if an Oracle procedure can read the Access table.

I told her that I wasn't aware of a way to do it entirely in Oracle, tht the best bet would probably be to write a VB pgm that could read the Access table directly, and connect to the Oracle table via an ODBC connection - perhaps even defining a linked table within the Access database.

Other solutions?

--
Ed Stevens
(Opinions are not necessarily those of my employer)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.