Re: Parallel Server on NT or UNIX?

From: <guruju_at_erols.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 17:13:57 GMT

In article <8nu6vt$lio$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   fgs3124_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> Has anyone had experience setting up and running Oracle Parallel
 Server
> on NT and/or UNIX? If so, what is your experience and recommendation
> (s)? We are looking to upgrade to Oracle 8i and could use load
> balancing but we don't know if Parallel Server would be a good move.
> Your responses will help us.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

We implemented Oracle Parallel server on Sun E6500 servers with Sun Clusters 2.1 two node clusters. Load balancing and failover setup works fine. It depends on your setup and configuration. For application transperent failover setup.. OPS is best option under Unix environment...

Regards
SCG
Systems Consulting Group

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 12:13:57 CDT