Re: Where do you get Oracle ?

From: Adrian Shepherd <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 12:43:10 GMT

Wrong , I have cable via bigpond and had the same rate on ISDN in the U.K. and similiar rates in Israel and Copenhagen. there have been similiar experiences posted in this NG. Clearly you did not d/l from Oracle's FTP server over the Internet , yet you choose to mislead the poor poster into wasting his time...

Pompous ass...

 ,
> > U.S and in Australia. If you still want to try and d/l it, get yourself
> > good d/l manager such as getright or gozilla. Prepare to wait.
> >

> Strange, it took me around an hour and a half to download Lite AND the
> Enterprise Edition.
>
> Like I said, get a friend with a good office connection.
>
> Clearly, Adrian has a 56K modem on a bad day with a dodgy ISP.
> HJR
>

> > "Howard J. Rogers" <howardjr_at_www.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Jon Temple" <temple_at_techie.com> wrote in message

 Oracle
 have

> > > You will discover that Oracle Lite 8.1.6 is available as a CD if you
 dabble
> > > around http://technet.oracle.com. However, it takes weeks to arrive
 (I
> > > ordered one on a 'dare' from a student about 6 weeks ago, and it still
> > > hasn't arrived).
> > >
> > > Lite is fairly fully functional.
> > >
> > > What you'd be better off doing, however, is finding a friend who works
 for
> > > company with a decent Internet connection, and downloading the lot on
 that
> > > connection (ie, the Enterprise Edition). They only need a CD burner,
 and
> > > you're off.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > HJR