Re: Install SNMP agent on NT4+sp5 Compaq Proliant server

From: Martin Welk <mw_at_sax.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:22:31 GMT

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000 09:40:49 -0700, Chi
<chi.hsiang.chihNOchSPAM_at_nl.abnamro.com.invalid> wrote:

>No. Don't you need to install SNMP agent to have SNMPPeer
>services ??

Compaq SmartStart install brings the machine's SNMP agent provided by Compaq with it. This runs straight into conflict with Oracle.

As I'm not going to use the Compaq SNMP agent on the ProLiant DL580 yet very close to me :-), I've turned it off.

Regards,

        Matin Received on Tue Aug 22 2000 - 02:22:31 CDT