Re: insufficient privileges

From: <miaemp_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 21:23:00 GMT

How are you creating this DB? To create our database's, we make copies of two files, $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install/rdbms/crdb.sql and crdb2.sql. We then edit them for the new instance, create config.ora and init.ora files and then run the scripts in the two files. The two scripts above should help in creating the DB.

HTH In article <8nrhh4$i5a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   char_tek_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> I am trying to create a new database. On the server I have run the
> ORADIM80 to create the instance. I have then set the oracle_sid to
> point to that instance and started SVRMGR30. I then connect
> internal/password and get connected. Then I try to issue STARTUP
> NOMOUNT pfile='location' and I recieve - ORA-01031 insufficient
> privileges. From what I have read you need to be connected as
 internal
> to do this step. What is it that I am missing? I haven't read
> anywhere about granting privileges. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. This is NT4 and Oracle805.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Aug 21 2000 - 16:23:00 CDT