Solaris 8 and Oracle 8.0.4

From: <rh10271_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 01:13:48 GMT

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I am pretty lost not have worked with Solaris before. (Worked with Tru64 UNIX, AIX, SGI IRIX and Linux.)

First Question: Can I install Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris 8? Are they compatible? I am having a difficult time getting a database installed.

Second Question: (If Oracle 8.0.4 and Solaris 8 is possible.) I had reset the shared memory and semaphores parameters in the /etc/system file according to Oracle recommendations. Ran the reboot command at shell prompt (Everything came back up ok.) I tried to run the following command in svrmgrl.

startup nomount pfile=<initSID.ora>

I get the following errors.

ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments: [SKGMBUSY], [1], [0], [0], [0], [], [], []
ORA-07252: spcre: semget error, could not allocate semaphores. SVR4 Error: 28: No space left on device
Additional information: -4270856
Additional information: -4270940

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun Aug 20 2000 - 20:13:48 CDT