Re: Connecting to Oracle8 from andNT/IIS server to a Unix box on the same network

From: Chris Opthoog <copthoog_at_gfg-group.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 04:53:50 GMT

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:16:47 -0700, "nagli" <nagli_at_pti-intl.com> wrote:

>I just have a project that requires me to connect from an NT/IIS server to a
>Oracle database that resides on a Unix box on the same network. I tried to
>use ODBC and ADO, but that will not work. Does anybody can give me an idea
>how to accomplish this taks.
>
>nagli

You could try using RDO (Remote Data Objects) for a start. I do not know if Oracle supports this sort of data connectivity, and I have never done it.

Another idea is to use some 'middleware' to pass the data over sockets in some sort of client/server situation. I have done this, and it works well (it may not be the most elegant solution, however).

Just some ideas.

Chris Opthoog
GFG Group Ltd
Auckland, NZ Received on Sun Aug 20 2000 - 23:53:50 CDT