Bitmap Indexes under Oracle 7.3.4.3.1 on HPUX 10.2

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 19 Aug 2000 23:42:52 GMT

Hi all,
  I seem to be having a problem creating bitmap indexes under this version of Oracle. I get an Oracle error when I try to use (unfortunately I didn't note what it was and I'm posting this from home rather than work) create bitmap index ....
If I remove the bitmap clause it works fine. According to the documentation it should be available with this release, as long as the compatible initialisation parameter is set to 7.3.2 or higher, ours is set to 7.3.4. Anybody else experienced anything similar. TIA,
  Rob Received on Sat Aug 19 2000 - 18:42:52 CDT