Any way to use replication WITHOUT replicating deletes?

From: <arlenk_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 13:31:03 GMT

Hey All,

At the company I work for we have a large Oracle db that is pretty much connected to and runs a production line. For obvious reasons, we don't want to allow access to this DB to just anyone.

We would like to replicate some of the data on other oracle DBs and "basic replication" with read-only snapshots seems like an ideal solution. The only problem is that our main db only keeps 3 months of production line data, but we want the replicated source to contain all previous data.

So, is there any way for the snapshot to capture all changes to the main DB except for the deletes?
Or could we just turn replication off for the "archiving" process that runs every few months and truncates the production line data?

Thanks for any help.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 08:31:03 CDT