Re: Help! with PL/SQL

From: <gdas_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 19:35:55 GMT

In article <8nk2r9$j8a$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> ... I do not believe you can use 'order by' in subqueries. I'm not
> sure whether this is a limitation that can be lifted in future
> versions. You may want to try other pl/sql structs or cursors within
> cursors!? :-)
>
> Cosmin

Thanks for the reply. To confirm, you are saying this is a limitation specific to the PL/SQL Language. The statement does work as a standard sql statement and I was always led to believe that PL/SQL was a superset of SQL. Just wanted to make sure I understand. thanks,
Gavin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 14:35:55 CDT