Re: ORA-01031:Inufficient Privileges

From: <sigdock_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 06:50:47 GMT

Allen,

the only person who can grant rights on a database object is the owner of the object. To grant te required rights to "another_user" you have to be connected as "schema_owner".

h.t.h.
BertJan Meinders
Oracle DBA
ASR-ICT In article <399C17F7.B511F1B2_at_motorola.com>,   Allen <allen.brost_at_motorola.com> wrote:
> I am getting this error when I am trying to execute a GRANT:
>
> GRANT INSERT ON "schema_owner"."the_table" TO "another_user";
>
> ORA-01031:Inufficient Privileges
>
> When I am executing the GRANT I am logged in as SYSTEM which
> has DBA privileges. WTF? When I look at the help or the error
 message
> it tells me to make sure that DBA privileges exist... well they do.
 Am I
> missing a role?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 01:50:47 CDT