Re: Error ORA-01034: ORACLE not avilable

From: <fly13_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 14:28:46 GMT

In article <399b2b0f$1_8_at_isp.uncensored-news.com>,   "Gocha Mchedlishvili" <gocham_at_ixpres.com> wrote:
> Check enviromental variables. I had similar problem when I misspeled
 value
> of one of NLS variables.
>
> Gocha
>
> "Dave Morrison" <9904538_at_tay.ac.uk> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I am getting the same sort of problem as ppaxman_at_tampabay.rr.com and
> > Alain Léglise Consultant <alc.info.conseil_at_freesurf.fr> (see two
 earlyer
> > threads).
> > I have just installed Oracle8i and created a database using
 dbassist.
> > When I try to log into the database using eather SQLplus or the
 Oracle
 Server
> > Manager I get the Error ORA-01034: ORACLE not avilable error.
> > I have tryed to find out what this means and how to fix it in the
 oracle
> > documentation but have so far come up blank.
> > Does anyone know where this error is documented or even better how
 to fix
 it.

 http://www.uncensored-news.com
> With Servers In California, Texas And Virginia - The Worlds
 Uncensored News Source

Gocha is rigth!

When you installed your database, the environment variables might be too high (sga doesn't fit in memory).
So you will have to re-install your database putting values lower. You can check if the database is well-created by looking int the ORACLE_HOME\admin\db_name\create\createdb.log.

Try it

Fly13

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Aug 18 2000 - 09:28:46 CDT