Re: cannot allocate log seq,

From: Jim Gregory <JG200024_at_NCR.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 12:15:37 -0400

It's possible that you cannot allocate a new log because the one it wants is being archived and hasn't finished yet. You can try adding a new group  not a new member ). If that doesn't work, you may need to create new redo logs that are larger than the ones you have so it takes longer to fill one up - perhaps giving the archiver more time to write the archive log out before a log switch needs to occur.

You might also want to try and tune this through the log_checkpoint_timeout and log_checkpoint_interval parameters and/or log_archive_buffers and log_buffer parameters.

--
Jim Gregory
Principal Consultant for Keane, Inc.