Re: Large number of Tablespaces 8.1.6

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 20:27:45 +0100

I think the latest DLTs offer 70 - 75GB
with compression on a basic 35GB tape,
but I'm not too keen at this point to trust hardware compression to get much mileage because the way I've put the system
together I've packed the data space and
eliminated almost all chance of effective compression.

 I appreciate your problem with SAP -
On the other hand, partitioning is a physical thing, and SAP shouldn't need to know what you have done with your physical database.

--

Jonathan Lewis