Insert from temporary table

From: <straelet_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:16:35 GMT

Hi all,

I'm working on a DWH project and I have to move data from table A to table B while doing some lookups on the data. I use a temporary table to put all the records in from A and insert data into table B by doing a SELECT GROUP BY on the temporary table so that all the data is kind of compressed (many records have the same keys). Finally I commit so that the data in the temporary table is deleted.

This proces is repeated a few times, every time another set of records is moved from table A to table B.

The problem is that the data inserted in table B is wrong, the amount of records is almost right, but a few records are missing.

If I change the temporary tables to normal tables and I add a TRUNCATE TABLE in my code whenever I COMMIT, the numbers of records inserted in table B are right.

Can it be that the data in the temporary table is still being deleted while I already insert new data into it ? Or is there something else I should know when using temporary tables ?

Kind Regards,

Tom at Vanstraelen . net

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 10:16:35 CDT