Re: NT Server

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:15:34 GMT

I believe that MS limits Workstation to 10 incoming TCP connections. They first did this when Netscape was trying to sell its web server for workstation while IIS came w/NT server.

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000 18:22:55 +0200, Roger Palmen <r.palmen.ani_at_alewijnse.nl> wrote:

>My experience learns that NT-Workstation does support SMP. Have it sitting
>under my desk.
>
>But back to main question: dont install anything you don't need: no PDC /
>BDC / other NT-Server services needed? -> take Workstation.
>

>Roger Palmen
>Alewijnse Nijmegen Industry
>Oracle DBO
>
>sigdock_at_my-deja.com wrote:
>
>> If youre server has more the one CPU running the NT server would be the
>> best solution since NT workstion does not support more than one CPU (as
>> far as I know).
>>
>> h.t.h.
>>
>> BertJan Meinders
>> Oracle DBA
>> ASR-ICT
>>
>> In article <8nc58d$an9$1_at_trumpet.uni-mannheim.de>,
>> "Uni Mannheim" <cuske_at_rumms.uni-mannheim.de> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > just a very short question:
>> > Does it make sense to run Oracle 8.0.5 E on Windows NT Server 4,
>> > or is the Workstation version the better alternative.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> > Christian
>> >

>> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>> Before you buy.

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 13:15:34 CDT