Re: OMS connection failed

From: <cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:55:04 GMT

wow.... so much help/info and still no luck!! :-) there must be something funky that I'm missing; I even tried catnsnmp.sql and catsnmp.sql to rebuild the snmp infrastructure but still no luck!!! <g>

thanks so much though for your help; I'll keep working on it :-) (db agent still "not started", at least from message @ the command line, although the Service Agent is running, according to the control panel (NT) )

In article <8nhkf7$q99$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu wrote:
> [...]
>
> b) Go to the directory $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and rename
 the

> mv snmp_ro.ora snmp_ro.ora.old
> mv snmp_rw.ora snmp_rw.ora.old
>
> c) Go to $ORACLE_HOME/agent and rename
>
> mkdir q
> mv *.q ./q
> mv services.ora ./q
>
> d) Start the Intelligent agent
> lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
>
> e) Confirm that it has started
> lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
>
> and also do
> ps -ef|grep dbsnmp
>
> f) Once after you confirm that you have succesfully
> started the Intelligent agent
>
> rm $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_ro.ora.old
> rm $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_rw.ora.old
> rm $ORACLE_HOME/agent/q/*.*
> rmdir $ORACLE_HOME/agent/q
>
> 3. On the case of oracle tuning pack, I still haven't figured out a
 way
> on how to start it. I presume for the tuning wiz, you have to start
 the
> tuning wiz and load the sample session and then make use of the tuning
> wiz for other instances. Make sure that you log into those instances
 as
> sys/... with system privileges. If I am correct, this should so the
 work
> for you.
>
> 4. Regarding starting the oem console application, "sysman" is the
> supper user name that oms creates when first installed. You can change
> its password through the system/preferences on the oem window.
>
> Good luck.
> Sam
>
> In article <8nhadi$dhc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > hello Sam,
> >
> > thanks for your reply; I'm still a bit at a loss...
> >
> > the OSM is started; when I run the oemctrl start oms starts up ok
 but
> > compiants about e:\oracle\admin\orb\resources.ora not found. The
 file
> > is there however it is empty. I have done some research on the
 technet
> > and also on deja and have not found much. What is this file
 supposed
> > to have!?
> >
> > Also, when I run lsnrctl dbsnmp_start and _stop, I get no feedback
> > however when I run _status I get "db subagent is not started"
> >
> > Another funny thing, upon installation of the OMS (w/ tunning pack
 etc
> > etc), I created a new repository under the default user "dtam-2-12-
> > 30". I can login through SQL Plus and see it's object schema etc.
> > When I run oemctrl status oms I get prompted for userid and pwd and
 it
> > dtam-2-12-30 is not recognized but sysman/oem_temp is recognized and
> > the get "OMS.... is functioning properly".
> >
> > When I try to login in OMS, neither of these user id works. Am I
> > missing something in resources.ora, listener.ora or
 tnsnames.ora!? --
> > everything else looks/works ok. both the server and client are on
 the
> > same machine.
> >
> > thanks very much,
> >
> > Cosmin
> >
> > In article <8ng47t$17e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu wrote:
> > > Some of the possibilites are
> > > 1. You have to start the oms on the system where you are
 installing
> > > your repository.
> > >
> > > On Unix I know that I could start it by
> > >
> > > oemctrl start oms
> > >
> > > oemctrl status oms (would give you the status. for this you need
> > > username and password. Default
 sysman/oem_temp)

> > > Once after confirming this, then you can connect to it by using
 the
> > > same username and password. When you try to connect it for the
 first
> > > time it would ask you to change the default password.
> > >
> > > You also need to start up your dbsnmp process on the sercer in
 order
> > > for the oem to discover the nodes
> > >
> > > lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
> > > lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
> > > lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop
> > >
> > > I hope this would help you to anextent to figure out the cause. On
> > > windows you might be using the dos prompt the do this.
> > >
> > > Sam.

 repository...

> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 22:55:04 CDT