Re: OMS connection failed

From: <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 21:12:26 GMT

Yeah, I'm also having a hard time in figuring out the things.

  1. Yes the resource file is empty in my case too.
  2. here is a readme I have created for fixing the dbsnmp problem. I hope this could help you to figure out the problem for restarting the dbsnmp server. Again this was what I did to get it going on unix.

What to do if you cannot start the oracle intelligent agent (dbsnmp)?

  1. First check to see whether the agent is running by typing the following command lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

    if you get the following message
      "The db subagent is not started"

    then follow the following steps:

        i) try to do the following
                lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
                lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

        Even after this step you couldn't start the agent do
        the below specified steps
        a) Check to see the log messages under
                $ORACLE_HOME/network/log/dbsn*.log

           if the logs show  NMS-00001

        b) Go to the directory $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin and rename the

           mv snmp_ro.ora snmp_ro.ora.old
           mv snmp_rw.ora snmp_rw.ora.old

        c) Go to $ORACLE_HOME/agent and rename

           mkdir q
           mv *.q ./q
           mv services.ora ./q

        d) Start the Intelligent agent
                lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

        e) Confirm that it has started
                lsnrctl dbsnmp_status

              and also do
                ps -ef|grep dbsnmp

        f) Once after you confirm that you have succesfully
           started the Intelligent agent

            rm $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_ro.ora.old
            rm $ORACLE_HOME/network/admin/snmp_rw.ora.old
            rm $ORACLE_HOME/agent/q/*.*
            rmdir $ORACLE_HOME/agent/q

3. On the case of oracle tuning pack, I still haven't figured out a way on how to start it. I presume for the tuning wiz, you have to start the tuning wiz and load the sample session and then make use of the tuning wiz for other instances. Make sure that you log into those instances as sys/... with system privileges. If I am correct, this should so the work for you.

4. Regarding starting the oem console application, "sysman" is the supper user name that oms creates when first installed. You can change its password through the system/preferences on the oem window.

Good luck.
Sam

In article <8nhadi$dhc$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> hello Sam,
>
> thanks for your reply; I'm still a bit at a loss...
>
> the OSM is started; when I run the oemctrl start oms starts up ok but
> compiants about e:\oracle\admin\orb\resources.ora not found. The file
> is there however it is empty. I have done some research on the
 technet
> and also on deja and have not found much. What is this file supposed
> to have!?
>
> Also, when I run lsnrctl dbsnmp_start and _stop, I get no feedback
> however when I run _status I get "db subagent is not started"
>
> Another funny thing, upon installation of the OMS (w/ tunning pack etc
> etc), I created a new repository under the default user "dtam-2-12-
> 30". I can login through SQL Plus and see it's object schema etc.
> When I run oemctrl status oms I get prompted for userid and pwd and it
> dtam-2-12-30 is not recognized but sysman/oem_temp is recognized and
> the get "OMS.... is functioning properly".
>
> When I try to login in OMS, neither of these user id works. Am I
> missing something in resources.ora, listener.ora or tnsnames.ora!? --
> everything else looks/works ok. both the server and client are on
 the
> same machine.
>
> thanks very much,
>
> Cosmin
>
> In article <8ng47t$17e$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu wrote:
> > Some of the possibilites are
> > 1. You have to start the oms on the system where you are installing
> > your repository.
> >
> > On Unix I know that I could start it by
> >
> > oemctrl start oms
> >
> > oemctrl status oms (would give you the status. for this you need
> > username and password. Default
 sysman/oem_temp)

> > Once after confirming this, then you can connect to it by using the
> > same username and password. When you try to connect it for the first
> > time it would ask you to change the default password.
> >
> > You also need to start up your dbsnmp process on the sercer in order
> > for the oem to discover the nodes
> >
> > lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
> > lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
> > lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop
> >
> > I hope this would help you to anextent to figure out the cause. On
> > windows you might be using the dos prompt the do this.
> >
> > Sam.
> >
> > In article <8nfre9$n1j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> > cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > > hello all,
> > >
> > > I am having problems connecting to OMS 2.1, on NT 4.0 SP6. The
> > > installation went fine, the listener is started and listener.ora
 has
> > > the correct info. Agent is started as well, NT Service is also
 running
> > > OK, I can login through Toad or SQL Plus using user DTAM-2-12-30
 (the
> > > default user created) BUT I cannot login through the OMS
 interface.

> > > I installed OEM & Packs in the same Ora home as my Ora 8.1.6 using
> > > typical/default installation, & OMS requiring a new repository...
> > >
> > > I uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times (also doing drop
> > > user ..cascade...at the end) and no luck either... (
> > >
> > > I must be missing something...
> > >
> > > thanks much,
> > >
> > > Cosmin
> > >
> > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > > Before you buy.
> > >

> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 16:12:26 CDT