Re: OMS connection failed

From: <sambavan_at_mail.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 07:29:14 GMT

Some of the possibilites are
1. You have to start the oms on the system where you are installing your repository.

 On Unix I know that I could start it by

  oemctrl start oms

  oemctrl status oms (would give you the status. for this you need

                        username and password. Default sysman/oem_temp)

Once after confirming this, then you can connect to it by using the same username and password. When you try to connect it for the first time it would ask you to change the default password.

You also need to start up your dbsnmp process on the sercer in order for the oem to discover the nodes

 lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
 lsnrctl dbsnmp_status
 lsnrctl dbsnmp_stop

I hope this would help you to anextent to figure out the cause. On windows you might be using the dos prompt the do this.

Sam.

In article <8nfre9$n1j$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   cosmin_ioan_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> hello all,
>
> I am having problems connecting to OMS 2.1, on NT 4.0 SP6. The
> installation went fine, the listener is started and listener.ora has
> the correct info. Agent is started as well, NT Service is also running
> OK, I can login through Toad or SQL Plus using user DTAM-2-12-30 (the
> default user created) BUT I cannot login through the OMS interface.
>
> I installed OEM & Packs in the same Ora home as my Ora 8.1.6 using
> typical/default installation, & OMS requiring a new repository...
>
> I uninstalled/reinstalled a couple of times (also doing drop
> user ..cascade...at the end) and no luck either... (
>
> I must be missing something...
>
> thanks much,
>
> Cosmin
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Aug 17 2000 - 02:29:14 CDT