Re: Multiplexing Datafiles?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 07:29:41 +1000

"Adrian Shepherd" <theshepherds_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:CkSm5.957$Vb.21338_at_ozemail.com.au...
> You said "Absolutely not. Never has been, and there never will
 be -because
> it is
> entirely pointless"
>
> You deserve any replies you get, perhaps you can justify statements like
> 'Never will be' and 'entirely pointless'

Yawn.

"absolutely Not" is the correct answer.
"Never has been" is a statement of the truth
"it is entirely pointless" is correct -because Redo protects your data files
"never will be" -well, 'never' is a long time.  But it's not on the cards
right now, and I have yet to see any internal Oracle proposals for it to make it on the cards.

 >...and you accuse me of being subjective ?

No. Do try and maintain accuracy in these things. I accused you of spouting subjective clap-trap. Which, with its 'should be's, and 'could be's was exactly what it was.

> I took exception to you misleading the original poster with oppinionated
> crap and that's all the above statement is.

Once again, you signally fail to grasp the point. My statement was an accurate answer to his question. You then started wittering on about what other rdbms's do, and what you'd like to see Oracle have.

In summary: Mirroring of Datafiles:

. It's not currently there;
. For data protection it doesn't need to be there;
. There are no current plans within Oracle that I have seen for it to be put
there.

You may indulge your wish-list fantasies as much as you like -but don't confuse doing so with an assessment of facts.

End of discussion.
HJR